I believe every woman has courage and fear, strength and weaknesses, and also beautiful tears and smiles .We can learn so much from each other and share empathy, strength and compassion throughout the day. I just think as women we are so blessed. This to me is a form of beauty, an appreciation of life in its fullest sense. So, I am sharing with you something I found to be beautiful on my life’s journey.
Yoga as an art which takes a holistic view of person, came to me as a gift, which I have embraced into my life. My journey as a yoga teacher started in New Zealand, after completing my Master on Leisure and Recreation, I became an accredited Yoga teacher. I taught classes to women and men (Vinyasa flow in studio), but also became interested in teaching yoga to children in the classroom. That time I had three beautiful boys in the school.
Today at age of 53, YTMD helps me to:
- move smoothly, lightly, freely through the day.
- be aware of my assets and liabilities,
- look, but not to stare in the past
- recognise priorities in the day, to keep them simple and pragmatic.
- express my self as beautiful women, mother, sister, daughter, friend.
- appreciate my gifts and blessings.
- play a game with my swing mood and brain explosion
- be persistent but not stubborn.
- observe, but no need to understand everything
- nurture the sense of healthy humour
- encourage others to worship life
Although I didn’t know it at the time, I was also developing the basis for Yoga Through My Day (YTMD). I found that Vinyasa flow and YTMD easy relate to each other. Both are applying continuous variations of conscious movements through transition and transformation. Vinyasa flow on the yoga mat, and YTMD off the mat.
Interlaced synonym words to express myself teaching Vinyasa flow and to live YTMD are:
- Strength, persistent, focus, clarity, power, decision, encouragement
- Softness, gracefulness, subtleness, surrenders, gentleness, easiness